The Project Executive Committee visited the offices of the three design build team finalists and the teams interviewed with the UW Architectural Commission on October 29. Lease Crutcher Lewis / Miller Hull Partnership / SLAM Collaborative was selected as the most qualified team for the project. Contract negotiations between the University and Lewis are in process. We are very fortunate to have such highly qualified Design-Build teams to consider. During the next two months the Project Management Team will focus on selecting consultant and trade partners, and reviewing information about the site and program. The decision about including an anatomy lab in the program is under consideration by the Project Executive Committee.
The Health Sciences Education Building will create flexible spaces, leverage modern technologies, and generate a broad array of environments that can adapt to changing pedagogical needs of the interdisciplinary Health Sciences and achieve the following objectives.
- Create a student hub for the Health Science schools that fosters interaction, collaboration, and creativity.
- Build a centrally located Health Sciences Education Building utilizing the unique adjacencies of research, academic, and clinical programs to train future health professionals in support of affordable, accessible, and high quality 21st Century health care.
- Maintain the outstanding performance of UW’s Health Science schools by attracting and retaining the best health and health care professionals to serve the State of Washington.
- Design the building to enable the Health Sciences campus to support the goals of the 2018 Campus Master Plan.
- Planning: 7/9/2018 - 3/29/2019
- Design & Bidding: 4/1/2019 - 9/30/2020
- Construction: 4/1/2020 - 3/25/2022
- Closeout: 3/27/2022 - 10/21/2022
Approximate Total Cost: $90,623,000