SEPA - State Environmental Policy Act RCW 43.21C
SEPA was enacted by the Washington State Legislature in 1971.
Its purposes are: (1) to declare a state policy which will encourage productive and enjoyable harmony between humankind and the environment; (2) to promote efforts which will prevent or eliminate damage to the environment and biosphere; (3) to stimulate the health and welfare of human beings; and (4) to enrich the understanding of the ecological systems and natural resources important to the state and nation.
Per RCW 43.21C, WAC 197-11 and WAC 478-342-020 through 210, the University of Washington is the Lead Agency responsible for compliance with the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) for projects which the University initiates.
The following documents are maintained on this web page:
- Copies of all SEPA Public Information Registers for a period of one year from the date of publication.
- Copies of all environmental checklists, determinations of non-significance and determinations of significance for a period of one year from the date of issue.
- Copies of all current scoping and public hearing notices.
- Copies of all draft and final environmental impact statements for a period of three years after the date of publication.
- Technical documents/appendices and copies of all draft and final EIS’s which have been incorporated by reference are maintained in the project file at the Capital Projects Office.
- A current list of individuals designated at responsible official for university compliance with SEPA.
- A current membership list of the SEPA Advisory Committee.
- Copies of agendas and meeting summaries of the SEPA Advisory Committee for a period of one year after the date of issue.
Documents are also available for public review at the Capital Projects Office, University Facilities Building Annex 2.
Copies may be provided. A fee to cover the actual cost of printing/copying may be charged for copies.
Projects are organized by campus and the date the SEPA Action was issued for the specific project (most recent year first). Click on the appropriate link to access the document.
- UW Seattle
- UW Bothell
- UW Tacoma
- SEPA Register
- UW SEPA Advisory Committee Members
- UW SEPA Advisory Committee Agendas and Meeting Summaries
Meetings are held on the last Thursday of the month, or on an as needed basis.
Meetings begin at 10:00 and are held in conference room G41, or G46, in the University Facilities Building.
Link to the University's Seattle Campus Master Plan and Approved Minor Plan Amendments, per the Office of Regional and Community Affairs web page:
Save trees and money! If you are interested in a specific project, you may request an email notification with a link to this webpage, when an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is issued. If you currently receive a paper version of the EIS, you have the option of receiving a CD. Contact us with your choice at email@example.com. We can work together to conserve resources.
- Tacoma South Downtown Subarea Plan and Environmental Impact Statement
- UW Molecular Engineering Facility Report - DRAFT FINAL Enviornmental Impact Statement
- Animal Research & Care Facility - Scoping Notice
- Animal Research & Care Facility - Draft Environmental Impact Statement
- Animal Research & Care Facility - Notice of Action - Final
- Animal Research & Care Facility - Final Environmental Impact Statement
- UW Police Department Facility - Determination of Non-Significance
- UW Police Department Facility- Environmental Checklist
UW IMA Sports Field #1 Final SEIS, May 2012
UW IMA Sports Field #1 Draft SEIS, January 2012
- Title Page and Table of Contents
- Description of Proposal
- Environmental Impacts
- Appendix A
- Appendix B