Capital Planning & Development optimizes the value of the university’s physical assets to support and inspire students, faculty, staff, and all who visit the university’s campuses and use its services to improve the well-being and prosperity of our region and beyond.
We can say UWCPD is successful when:
THE UNIVERSITY’S PHYSICAL ASSETS ADVANCE ITS MISSION.
- UW campuses successfully integrate diverse physical spaces that welcome and support a dynamic system of multiple needs over time
- The lasting beauty and functionality of the University of Washington’s physical environments are cited by users and alumni as an important contributor to their positive experience and their ability to explore, learn, and innovate
- Regional residents cite the physical environment of the UW as an important historic, ongoing, and future contributor to the region’s character and success
CPD DEMONSTRATES EXCEPTIONAL LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT, AND SERVICE.
- On and off-campus space is effectively identified, planned, developed, and managed in accordance with the diverse needs of the university and to maximize its assets
- We are consulted early in the planning process for our expertise
- Planning, analysis, decision-making, transaction, and project management processes are transparent, well-understood, easy to navigate, and respected by all stakeholders
- CPD facilitates collaboration and resolution among multiple stakeholders
- We benchmark our work against national peers
- CPD is acknowledged as an industry leader for best practices
WE COLLABORATE, SUPPORT, AND RESPECT EACH OTHER AND OUR PARTNERS.
- We communicate effectively
- We sustain a culture of innovation and improvement
- Creativity is fostered, and achievements are shared and recognized
- We use our resources wisely
- CDP attracts, develops, and retains high-performing and diverse employees
- We enjoy our work and appreciate our colleagues and partners